By Jonathan Stark, Brian Jepson
You’ll easy methods to create an Android-friendly net app at the platform of your selection, after which use Adobe’s loose PhoneGap framework to transform it to a local Android app. realize why device-agnostic cellular apps are the wave of the longer term, and begin development apps that provide larger flexibility and a much wider reach.
* Convert an internet site right into a internet program, entire with development symptoms and different beneficial properties
* upload animation with JQTouch to make your net app feel and appear like a local Android app
* utilize client-side information garage with apps that run whilst the Android equipment is offline
* Use PhoneGap to hook into complex Android positive factors, together with the accelerometer, geolocation, and signals
* attempt and debug your app on the internet with actual clients, and put up the completed product to the Android industry
It’s some distance ahead―16 chapters, to be exact. yet bear in mind, each ninja’s trip starts off with a unmarried web page (or whatever like that, anyway). So, flip the web page and let’s start!
Practical examples comprise construction a number of models of the Chat app:
•jQuery + Parse. com JS relaxation API
•Backbone and Parse. com JS SDK
•Backbone and Node. js
•Backbone and Node. js + MongoDB
The Chat program has all of the beginning of a customary web/mobile software: fetching facts, exhibiting it, filing new data.
Other examples within the publication are as follows:
•jQuery + Twitter RESP API “Tweet Analyzer”
•Parse. com “Save John”
•MongoDB “Print Collections”
•Backbone. js “Apple Database”
•Monk + show. js “REST API Server”
This e-book will prevent many hours by means of supplying a hand-picked and demonstrated number of quickly commence courses. RPJS has useful examples that permit to spend much less time studying and extra time construction your personal functions. Prototype quick and send code that matters!
What you are going to Learn:
You should still count on a simple figuring out from a set of quickly begin publications, tutorials and recommendations for the advance apps mentioned during this publication.
In addition to coding examples, the publication covers nearly all setup and deployment step by step.
You’ll research from the examples of Chat web/mobile functions beginning with front-end parts and by way of the top we’ll placed front-end and back-end jointly and install to the creation setting.
Who This booklet is For:
I've been a certified developer for four years now customarily centred within the home windows companies and again floor conversation pipelines. i used to be requested to choose up aid for an app written with alot of jQuery. i used to be given "jQuery Cookbook" by way of a chum and that i fell in love. it's immediately into the beef. commonly i must wait 2-4 chapters sooner than the valuable stuff will get going and with the cookbook i used to be diving in instantly.
- Flex 3 Cookbook
- Plug-In CSS 100 Power Solutions
2. We’ll then use jQuery to “hijack” the onclick actions of the nav links, so when the user clicks a link, the browser page will not navigate to the target link. Rather, jQuery will load a portion of the HTML from the remote page and deliver the data to the user by updating the current page. We’ll start with the most basic functional version of the code and improve it as we go along. If you’ve still got example files hanging around from Chapter 2, either move them out of the way or set up a new empty subdirectory on your web server to work in as you make your way through this chapter.
To retrieve some HTML, submit a form). This approach makes for a very smooth user experience, but does require that you reinvent a lot of wheels. For example, if you are loading external pages dynamically, the browser will not give any indication of progress or errors to the users. Furthermore, the Back button will not work as expected unless you take pains to support it. In other words, you have to do a lot of work to make a sweet Ajax app. That said, the extra effort can really pay off, because Ajax allows you to create a much richer user experience.
Js is where all the magic happens in this example. html file. Please refer to Example 3-3 as we go through it line by line. Example 3-3. href); }); } Here we’re using jQuery’s document ready function to have the browser run the loadPage() function when the browser has finished constructing the page. The loadPage() function accepts a single parameter called url and then checks (on the next line) whether a value has been sent. If a value is not sent into the function (as will be the case when it is called for the first time from the document ready function), url will be undefined and this line will execute.